1. WHEN HAGEL WILL GET HIS VOTE: GOP opponents of the Defense Secretary nominee say they'll probably allow a confirmation vote in the coming week.
2. FOREIGN CONSTRUCTION WORKERS KIDNAPPED IN NIGERIA: No one has claimed responsibility for abducting the seven, but the region has been under attack by a radical Islamic sect known as Boko Haram.
3. WHO JOINED OBAMA ON THE FAIRWAY: Tiger Woods golfed with the president on a secluded, exclusive resort in Florida.
4. PISTORIUS PUTS AWAY HIS BLADES: The double-amputee cancels all races to concentrate on defending himself against murder charges.
5. ONE SISTER AT GUN CONTROL RALLY, ANOTHER IS SHOT: Janay Mcfarlane was killed in Chicago the same day her 14-year-old sister sat behind Obama as he spoke about gun violence.
6. CUBAN DISSIDENT BLOGGER BEGINS WORLD TOUR: Yoani Sanchez sets off on a three-month, dozen-nation journey, now that exit permits are no longer required for islanders.
7. SLAP A BABY, LOSE A JOB: An executive accused of assaulting a crying toddler on a flight is no longer employed at AGC Aerospace and Defense.
8. WHAT MAKER'S MARK WON'T CHANGE AFTER ALL: The bourbon distiller says public outcry has led it to reverse a decision to cut the alcohol level in its famous whiskey.
9. MIDWEEK MARIJUANA: Discovery network debuts 'Weed Country' series on Wednesdays, focusing on Northern California growers. 'Pot Cops' show will follow it.
10. MAKING NASCAR HISTORY: Danica Patrick becomes the first woman to win the Daytona 500 pole, the biggest achievement of her stock-car career.